Green Investing: It’s About Investor Empowerment
Green Investing: The Seminar
J. Patrick Costello will be discussing the rapidly growing field known as Green, Sustainable, or Socially Responsible Investing (SRI).
Come to the event with questions. Meet the author. This informative workshop can be beneficial to your retirement strategy.
101 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael
Saturday, January 25 9:30am – 11:30am
Saturday, February 1 9:30am – 11:30am
Seating is limited, so reserve early.
Continental Breakfast and Refreshments served
Reservations can be made by contacting Green River Financial Services at: 415.453.6000 or
“Green Investing: More Than Being Socially Responsible” begins with two key theorems:
- Without spending an inordinate amount of time, or becoming an investing expert, everyday investors can align their investing process with their personal ethics and values
- The most current objective data show that an investor does not have to sacrifice performance in order to add an SRI element to his or her investment strategy
Green investing, as defined in this book, has socially responsible and sustainable investing at its core, but then enlarges the concept to encompass the totality of the individual’s investing experience.
Green investors are able to go beyond just the selection of SRI investments and successfully navigate today’s complex investing landscape, avoiding pitfalls and leveraging the resources offered by the professional SRI community and the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards to help them achieve their goals.
Many Challenges Await
The financial services industry is rife with conflicts of interest, marketing hype and enormous amounts of media “noise”. Most investors don’t realize that when working through huge national financial service firms, they may be limited to proprietary trading programs and/or a small handful of mutual fund families that do not offer much in the way of SRI options.
Investor wake-up call: Does the recent popularity of so-called “Impact Investing” muddy the waters for SRI investors?
“Green Investing: More Than Being Socially Responsible” delivers:
- An analysis of the differences and similarities between Socially Responsible, Sustainable, and Impact investing strategies
- Current objective performance information demonstrating that SRI investors do not make a financial sacrifice
- Practical step-by-step guidelines investors can use to add Socially Responsible and Sustainable investing strategies to their portfolios
- A summary of the attributes of popular investment vehicles such as mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and separate accounts
- An overview of the science behind the construction of a diversified, risk-adjusted investment portfolio
- Consideration of the impact huge investment firms and banks have on the investing environment and investor behavior
- A discussion of the effect of the financial media on the decision-making process of long-term investors
- Detailed descriptions of the professional training and standards of care offered by financial professionals with titles such as Financial Advisor, Investment Consultant, and Certified Financial PlannerTM